One of the most testing periods in the life of a business is when a shareholder or partner wishes to sell their shares or has to leave. The business, or the exiting share owner, will need legal advice and assistance regarding a number of issues relating to the exit:
For a shareholder/partner some of the issues that arise are:
- The process of offering your shares to existing owners
- Valuing your shares
- Indemnities to be offered on leaving
- Notice requirements
- Restraints on your future trading and competition
For the remaining shareholders/partners some of the issues that arise are:
- Protecting your business from important shareholders leaving
- Buying out an exiting shareholder/partner
- Valuing your business
- Competition and restraints
We are able to advise you or your business on all of the above matters and we can draw up the necessary legal documents to make your arrangements secure and binding.
To arrange an appointment to discuss with one of our specialist lawyers, please contact the Company & Commercial Department secretary Jan Lawrence.
Telephone: 01494 862226